Top 100 Sites Guide 2023 OVERALL AND REGIONAL Winners
We are thrilled to hear that a number of the Best of British holiday parks won awards in the Top 100 Sites Guide Awards! These awards are voted for by you, visitors to these family owned holiday parks, so we thank you for taking the time to cast your vote. The accolades mean a lot to the parks, as it means you took the time to vote based on the personal service you received.
A reminder that all our holiday parks are 5 star rated, with grading visits undertaken by Visit England/Scotland/Wales and/or the AA via the Pennant rating scheme. They are also family/independently owned and run. Here are the Best of British overall and regional winners for 2023!
Feel like voting for the 2024 awards?! Please do so here, our parks would be grateful for your feedback and votes!
1. Top 100 Sites OVERALL WINNER 2023 – Eye Kettleby Lakes
The biggest accolade goes to our very own Eye Kettleby Lakes in Leicestershire! Not only did they top the list across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, they took home the awards for Regional Winner (Heart of England), Best Site Open All Year and Best Site For Caravans.
Eye Kettleby Lakes is a family run fishery which has been running alongside a farm for over 30 years. Located just on the outskirts of Melton Mowbray, it is set in 150 acres of rolling Leicestershire countryside. Eye Kettleby Lakes touring park and glamping pod areas are strictly adult only, but families are welcome to stay in the log cabins.
Pitches are divided across two main sections, with the northern site providing luxury cabin-style amenity blocks, designed with individual bathrooms. The southern site sits near a 4.5-acre specimen carp lake, and also offers private bathrooms, in stone buildings.
Comments from the voters included:
- The only way to sum up Eye Kettleby Lakes is, they have thought of everything.
- Amazing, friendly, clean site that ticks all the boxes for us and our dogs.
- Even the dog gets excited when we arrive here!
Congratulations to the team on this fantastic achievement!
2. Top 100 Sites REGIONAL WINNER 2023 – North West England – Green Acres in Cumbria
Green Acres Caravan Park near Carlisle has won the award for Regional Winner – North West England. The park is is a tranquil adult only touring park set in the heart of Cumbria. The team have been proudly offering the beautiful surroundings for over 50 years to holiday makers who are looking for a place to relax, de-stress and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside.
This small, family run park is perfectly located for great caravan holidays in the North West. Near the Scottish border, you can explore both England and Scotland when you stay at Green Acres Caravan Park. It is a peaceful and tranquil haven with superb facilities.
Top comments from the voters included:
- Five-star site!
- Immaculate. Facilities are outstanding and staff are top notch.
- Great dog walk.
- The place just left us feeling very relaxed and happy.
- Well presented and maintained, fabulous facilities.
Congratulations to the team at Green Acres. As one of our newer members, we are thrilled to see you doing so well!
3. Top 100 Sites REGIONAL WINNER 2023 – South East England – Whitefield Forest, Isle of Wight
Another congratulations for a regional winner, and this time it goes to Whitefield Forest Touring Park on the Isle of Wight!
Situated in a tranquil forest setting just outside of the coastal town of Ryde, Whitefield Forest has a mix of traditional grass and all weather hard standing pitches, all with electric hook up and some of which are fully serviced with water and grey waste disposal. They cater for caravans, motorhomes and tents.
They welcome families, couples and dogs to the site from which the beautiful Island can be discovered and enjoyed. The park is close to the sandy beaches of Ryde and Sandown and well-located for visitors to explore any part of the Island.
Top comments from the voters include:
- A beautiful site in the forest, very well maintained, large pitches, exceptional facilities that are always immaculate, very friendly staff.
- Beautiful setting, spotless site, excellent facilities, good-size pitches, very helpful staff, bus stop at the entrance to get around island, perfect relaxing retreat.
As our only park on the Isle of Wight, we think this park really is a gem and well worth exploring!
3. Top 100 Sites REGIONAL WINNER 2023 – Somerset, Avon and Wiltshire – Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park
In the Somerset, Avon and Wiltshire category, the team at Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park won the award. An adult only park, the park is based on a garden theme and nature is everything here.
The park is within 800 metres of a championship flyfishing lake, the surrounding country park is a haven for bird-watchers and walkers. It is close to Bath with its historic spa and shops, Bristol and Weston-super-Mare are within easy reach and the park is an excellent base for exploring the Mendip Hills and West Country attractions.
All pitches have electric hook-ups, and the toilets and showers have been refurbished to a very high standard, in the style of individual ‘en suite’ units and are heated in the winter. There is a utility room with dish-washing, laundry and ironing facilities. As well as the touring facilities the park has a luxury cedar lodge, set at the edge of the woodland which is available to hire.
Top comments from voters included:
- This is just a fabulous site, everyone is so helpful. Probably up with the best sites we have stayed on.
- A superbly cared for site. Our caravan was pitched by a member of staff, all of whom are very friendly. Good location within five minutes’ walk of a pub.
- Great facilities, beautiful pitches, excellent value
Congratulations go to the team at Bath Chew Valley for their endeavours in making the park such a welcoming space.
Don’t forget, please do vote for the 2024 awards, you have until 10th November to register your vote!