Park Cliffe Camping and Caravan Estate
- Park Cliffe Camping and Caravan Estate, Birks Road, Windermere, LA23 3PG
- Book online
- Proprietor Mrs S J Dickson
- Season 1st March to 10th November 2013
- Telephone 015395 31344
- Fax 015395 31971
|Opening dates||1st March to 10th November 2013|
|Privately owned homes||55|
|Holiday homes for hire||3|
Cumbria, North of England
The winner of many top-quality awards, Park Cliffe is set in 25 acres of picture-postcard countryside above the eastern shores of Windermere with sweeping views across the lake. Yet family-owned Park Cliffe is only a short drive from the M6, putting it within easy reach of many major towns and cities in northern England.
Whether you come to Park Cliffe with a tourer, tent, hire a caravan or camping pod or own your own luxury holiday caravan or lodge, Park Cliffe gives the opportunity for peaceful enjoyment of this beautiful corner of the Lake District National Park - with a range of modern facilities that are hard to beat.
We have hardstanding pitches with elec, water and drainage for tourers, trailer tents and motorhomes. Tents are accommodated in two areas, Fellside (an undulating hillside, which offers great views of the lakeland fells - you can see Lake Windermere from the top part of the field). Ghyllside, which is an area across a minor road from the main park has allocated pitches, most with electric. If you wish to book this area we need to know at the time of booking the size of your tent in metres. We have four camping pods situated on Ghyllside, in addition we have one family pod on the main park.
The park also has a bar, restaurant (wifi)& shop -only open midweek in low season,fully equipped launderette, games room, adventure playground and private bathrooms for hire.
- Other Facilities
- Private Bathrooms for hire on a nightly basis £14.00/nt.
- Also nearby
- Wifi available in Park Cliffe restaurant when open (closed midweek in low season).
Fell Foot Park for launching sailing boats / canoes.
- Tourist Attractions
- Local attractions include Cruises on Lake Windermere, The Steam Boat Museum, The Aquarium of the Lakes, Brockhole Visitor Centre and The World of Beatrix Potter.
Activities available within a ten minutes drive: walking, rock climbing, sailing, canoeing, horseriding, fishing, golf and balloon flights are just a few of the many sports. For those bringing a sailing boat, launching is available at Ferry Nab, contact the Lake Warden. Sailing boats can also be launched at Fellfoot Park.
- Junction 36 of the M6 take the A590 towards Barrow, at the roundabout at Newby Bridge turn right onto the A592. Go 3.5 miles, ( Brown and White sign on the left hand side of the road ) Go 50 yards past the sign then turn right into Birks Road. The park is 1/3rd of a mile on the right hand side.
Please note: Caravans and trailers must approach Park Cliffe from the direction of Newby Brdge.
- Special Offers
- For BOB Loyalty Card Holders:
£1 per night discount during low season.
Book online at www.parkcliffe.co.uk
- Family park
- 25 Seasonal pitches
- Serviced pitches
- 4 Camping pods £41.00 - £50.00
- Electric hook-ups
- Water hook-ups
- LPG stockist
- Sanitary block(s)
- Take away food
- Wireless internet
- Chemical disposal point
- Washing up facilities
Things to do
- Boat launch
- Cycle hire
- Horse Riding
- Swimming (Indoor)
- Swimming (Outdoor)
- Games Room
From the Guest Book
18 Oct 2010
"We have stayed at Park Cliffe three times this year, it is now our favorite park! The staff are very friendly and the park is kept spotless. Food in the restaurant is always excellent and good value for money. We will definitely be back."
1 Oct 2010
Excellent first visit to the site ! Yes we did find a slight hill to camp on but we did expect this ! We will
certainly be returning !!!
1 Oct 2010
We have stayed at Park Cliffe now 3 years running. Although we have to book a whole year in advance this
just proves its popularity. Great for kids, the beck entices them to forget the electronics.
- 2012 Runner Up (2012)England for Excellence
- Tourist Board RatingCamping & Caravanning
- VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2012: Highly Commended
Cumbria Tourism Holiday Park of the Year 2011
- Best of BritishThe Best of British Touring and Holiday Parks group is a marketing group made up of five star, privately owned parks throughout the United Kingdom
for prices and more detailed information on the park