Brookside Caravan Park
- Stather Road Burton on Stather, Scunthorpe, DN15 9DH
- Proprietor Mr Richard Murgatroyd
- Season Open all year
- Telephone 01724 721369
|Opening dates||Open all year|
Lincolnshire, Central North England
Brookside Caravan and Camping Park is North Lincolnshire’s only 5 star accommodation establishment,exclusively for adults.
* Immaculate, centrally heated amenity block
* Hot showers
* Toilet and washing facilities
* Hand dryers/shaver socket/ Hair dryers
* Indoor dish washing/food preparation area
* Laundrette with free ironing facilities
* Free Wi Fi
* Environmentally friendly recycling refuse area
* 4 acre dog walk
* Late arrivals area
35 spacious, hardstanding pitches, with most of them enjoying the individuality of screening, and also 35 grass pitches suitable for tents or caravans.
We have been at Brookside over 20years now and during that time there has been a continuous programme of improvements. Starting with a complete rebuild of the facility block, to very recently fulfilling Richards ambition of providing everyone with the choice of a hard standing pitch.
The planting of the laurel hedges between the pitches and the installation of park lighting around the new pitches is a fantastic addition to our park. We are sure you will think so too.
The park now has a brand new entrance suitable for even the latest american r.v-es. We have also created a dedicated 4 acre dog exercise area, a new visitors car park and a late arrivals area.
- Tourist Attractions
- Our own picturesque village of Burton-Upon-Stather was voted the 2005 winner of the Calor Gas Small Village of the year for North Lincolnshire.
There is an opportunity for you to visit the gardens that helped win this award during our summer festival’s open Garden Day.
Julians Bower Medieval Turf MazeRiver Trent
Alkborough is just a 2½ mile walk away. Enjoy the breathtaking views on the Burton hills following the river Trent to this delightful little village or why not visit the Medieval Turf Maze. The views across the confluence of the rivers Trent, Ouse and Humber are spectacular. On a clear day you can see the towers of York Minster.
Normanby Hall Country Park is under 2 miles away. This elegant Regency Hall is set in 300 acres of beautiful parkland, gardens and pleasure grounds. Discover Lincolnshire’s rich rural heritage in the fascinating Farm Museum or take a relaxing walk through the woodland or deer park where herds of red and fallow deer peacefully graze.
Humber Bridge20-21 Visual Arts Centre
Other attractions within ½ hour drive include the Humber Bridge, 20-21 Visual Arts Centre, Waters’ Edge Country Park, Ropewalk Contemporary Art & Craft, and Steam Railtours.
Grange Park Golf ClubMount Pleasant Mill
Whilst experience has shown us that the majority of our visitors come to Brookside to either unwind, “get away from it all” or just to walk the dog, there are plenty of activities for the more energetically inclined. Whether your passion is for cycling, walking, bird watching, fishing, golf, tennis, sight seeing or shopping, there is plenty to keep you occupied.
During the summer months you can find shows, country fairs and other events across the county. To find out more about events in North Lincolnshire contact:
Brigg Tourist Information Centre
Tel: 01652 657053
- North Lincolnshire is surprisingly easy to get to! The M180 runs into the heart of the area, giving direct access to the national motorway network. It is an easy drive to North Lincolnshire from the cities of Leeds, Sheffield, Lincoln, York, Hull and Doncaster.
The P&O Ferries terminal at Hull is only 45 minutes drive, providing daily sailings to Zeebrugge and Rotterdam.
Directions to Brookside
* On leaving M181 follow signs for Normanby Hall Country Park (A1077
* Continue on this road through several roundabouts until you have the VW Garage on your right.
* Turn left onto the B1430 to Burton Stather.
* Continue on this road until you reach a mini roundabout, (Normanby Park gates on your right) turn left.
* Go through the village of Normanby into Burton.
* Turn left in front of the Sheffield Arms pub, go down Stather Road
* From the telephone box at the bottom of the hill (on the left) travel 250yds where the entrance to Brookside is on the right and signposted.
* Drive up to the barrier, keeping left, then walk to reception.
- Special Offers
- Our charge for a caravan, motor home or campervan is: From £17.00 per night
3 nights for £40 (Monday to Thursday only)
Stay for a week (7 nights) for only £105
That is based on two people sharing and includes:
* Hook up
- Allow rallies
- Washing up facilities
Things to do
- Tourist Board RatingCamping & Caravanning
- Best of BritishThe Best of British Touring and Holiday Parks group is a marketing group made up of five star, privately owned parks throughout the United Kingdom
for prices and more detailed information on the park